This information is about Accommodation Booking. For information on dining bookings please refer to our Eating & Drinking section. Please note, residents are automatically reserved an evening dining table, when their accommodation booking is confirmed.
**UPDATE 18th NOVEMBER ** - PLEASE READ PRIOR TO MAKING AN ACCOMMODATION BOOKING
Under it's Covid-19 Tier system, the Scottish Government have announced changes to travel restrictions from 20th of November 2020. From this date it will be against the law for people to travel to/from Tier 3 & 4 in Scotland.
This compliments the systems in place in England, Wales & Northern Ireland and the associated travel advice to/from their areas. We would kindly request that people travelling from within restricted areas, across the UK, do not travel to come to stay with us whilst restrictions are in place.
We will be checking identification upon check in to help us meet this now legal requirement.
We are a small, rural and vulnerable community and have obligations to our customers and staff to keep them safe. As these restrictions will be reviewed regularly please ensure you are up to date before you travel. If you do book, and the Covid-19 rules change which then affect your booking, we will be in touch directly or please contact us to discuss your options. Please ensure you provide us with your correct contact details should we need to get in touch.
Here are some useful links to help you decide whether you can travel to visit us:
Postcode Checker to see the restrictions in your area (UK wide)
Scottish Government Covid-19 Local Protection levels (applies to Scotland only, please refer to specific guidance for your UK area)
We thank you for your support and look forward to welcoming you when it is safe to do so.
For those travelling from further afield please check the current UK travel advice for quarantine.
Please be aware if booking:
**Bookings can only be accepted from people who are permitted to travel under the current restrictions (which may change between time of booking and actual booking)**
**Under the current COVID-19 rules in Scotland we can only accommodate one household per room**
**The Inn operates a 1 metre social distancing policy, with additional safety measures in place to support this**
**We are CLOSED TO NON-RESIDENTS ON TUESDAYS AND WEDNESDAYS TILL 3pm but open for residents on a slightly reduced basis. If you book accommodation which encompasses a Tuesday during the day there will be no daytime bar or meal service until 5pm but we can arrange for packed lunches if required. If you book accommodation for arrival on a Tuesday night, CHECK IN is from 4pm and & BAR & DINING will be available from 5pm till 9.30pm. **
**We automatically book an indoor dining table from 6pm for residents. If you would like a table earlier, please indicate this when booking as we have limited indoor tables but will do our best to accommodate your request. Please be advised there may be changes to our bar/dining restrictions e.g. only residents, no alcohol, etc . Please check our Eating& Drinking section for the current rules (we will be in touch directly with current information prior to your stay) .**
THANK YOU :)
The Inn offers online accommodation booking, link below. This is still managed through our own website. We do not use 3rd parties to take bookings on our behalf. All our bookings are managed internally, to ensure our guests needs are met and we can best manage the occupancy in the rooms. Given the flexibility this offers to our guests, from home and abroad, it is now our preferred method of taking bookings.
Information on Booking for 2020/2021 and 2021/2022 is below along with the link to the Booking system.
**2020 WINTER DISCOUNT OFFERS** - Due to the every changing Covid-19 landscape we now have a large number of room vacancies from 8th of November through to the 20th of December. We would like to stay open as long as we can do so safely under the Government guidelines so if you are looking at a wee getaway and are permitted to travel to stay with us, we now have the following B&B offers available:
OFFER 1 - 25% OFF 2 NIGHTS B&B - If you book for 2 nights during this period you will receive a 25% discount off the normal full price tariff for B&B e.g. a couple of 2 nights at full price would normally be £300 but under this offer it will be £225.
OFFER 2 - 3 FOR 2 NIGHTS B&B - If you book for 3 nights during this period you will receive the 3rd night free (normal full tariff applies to the other 2 nights). e.g. a couple of 3 nights at full price would normally be £450 but under this offer it will be £300.
2020 Accommodation Bookings (until 31 March 2021)
IF OUR ONLINE DIARY IS SHOWING NO AVAILABILITY THIS MEANS WE ARE CURRENTLY FULL FOR THAT NIGHT. THE SYSTEM IS LIVE AND CURRENT. WHILST THIS MAY BE SUPRISING, WE ARE A VERY BUSY LITTLE INN. Information on options if we don't have availability is below. Please be advised we are unable to tell you anything different than what is below if your ring or email. We are currently super busy coping with re-opening so please help us by checking back directly for availability rather than ringing/emailing. Thank you :)
- Given the current Covid-19 situation, with regards to travel restrictions, our accommodation availability is subject to change. So if you are considering booking with us but your preferred date isn't available at the moment, then this may change, so please check back online regularly. For other options, please refer to the information below.
- If you are able to, please consider other dates, when we may have more availability. If there is no availability for the dates you have selected you will be shown our availability calendar which indicates the closest available date to your requested one (shown in green). You can scroll between months to see what is available/when. If we just don't have enough rooms to meet your request, then to see our availability calendar, please use the date 1 August 2020 as your 'dummy' request date. As this date has no vacancies, the system will show you the availability calendar. Please note, each row represents a different room so if you are looking for more than one room, then you will need to ensure there are 2 green boxes in 2 different rows on the date. If a room(s) on a date is green and is suitable for you then please just select it and you will be taken to the booking process: or
- Please consider other local accommodation options which are listed on our website: or
- If you are flexible with making a booking, then please check back on the calendar as we do keep it up to date if rooms become available again. We also use Facebook to notify our followers of late cancellations (they do happen) so please check this out too :)
Bookings post 1 April 2021 (until 31 March 2022)
We are now accepting bookings for next year until 31 October. We will look at opening post this date later in the year.
Please note the following about next year's bookings:
- 4 of our 7 bedrooms are now a 2 night minimum stay.
- We now require a 25% deposit to secure bookings - Please check the T&Cs (for the group size you are booking) for more details, links below.
- The group size has changed from more than 6 people to more than 4 people (so the Group T&Cs apply, links to copies below),
- We had a large number of Covid-19 re-booking requests from this year so are already very busy for April, May and June 2021. The system is live and current so if are not showing suitable availability for your date(s) then you you may wish to check back or consider other local options.
- If the calendar is showing no availability then we don't currently have any . We do not run a cancellation list so please consider other dates, check back or consider other options.
Making an Online Booking
The ‘Check Availability/Book Online’ link below will take you to our online booking system where you can check availability and make a booking directly.
- You will need to have your credit or debit card handy to confirm a booking. Please note we have revised Terms and Conditions for our accommodation bookings (copy below).
- Please ensure you enter your correct email address when making your booking. Once you have made a booking online you will receive a confirmation email from the system. Please remember to save a copy of this! If you haven't received it please check your junk/spam box. If it’s not there, please get in touch [email protected] to ensure your booking is confirmed.
- If you experience any problems with this link or booking online please try again. As with all systems they can have little glitches sometimes!
- If there is no availability for the dates you have selected you will be shown our availability calendar which indicates the closest available date to your requested one (shown in green).
- Cancelling your Booking - Once you have made a booking, if you wish to cancel it, you must email us at [email protected] Your booking is not cancelled until you receive an email reply from us.
Please note if you are looking at making a group booking different Terms & Conditions apply (copies below, under Terms & Conditions). A group is defined as:
Until 31 March 2021 - A Group is more than 6 people.
From 1 April 2021 - A Group is more than 4 people.
If you are a group, please email us directly to discuss your requirements to ensure you are aware of our T&Cs.
Here is the link to our booking system:
If you are not able to make your booking online or just have a general booking enquiry please send us an email to [email protected] or give us a ring on 01520 744 262. We aim to check our booking emails throughout the day but, if we are busy, there may be a slight delay. It is preferable to ring between 9am and 11am as we are generally busy out-with these times. We are only a small Inn and don't have a designated receptionist.
Terms & Conditions 2020/2021 (till 31 March 2021)
Terms & Conditions 2021/2022 (till 31 March 2022)